Steem Philippines | 6th Official Meetup in Davao City
This is a step-by-step guide for buying STEEM tokens if you live (or are residing) in the Philippines.
The base token for the Steem blockchain is STEEM and in it's liquid form, it can be converted to Bitcoin, ETH, other crypto-currencies and in some cases, US Dollars, or other Government issued currencies depending on where you live.
Buying STEEM at 7-Eleven:
- On a mobile phone, click here to visit Coins.ph and tap the Hamburger Menu in the upper right hand corner of the website.
- Create an account on Coins.ph.
- Download the Coins.ph mobile app for Google Android or Apple IOS.
- Click on the 'Cash In' icon inside the Coins.ph mobile app.
- Click on the 7-Eleven box inside the Coins.ph mobile app.
- Type how much money you want to load into your Coins.ph account.
- Click on the button 'Place Order'.
- Bring the barcode that appears in the Coins.ph mobile app to a cashier counter in a local 7-Eleven and have the cashier scan it (the cashier will know what to do).
- Pay the cashier the amount you decided to deposit. If you decided to deposit P100 or less, you won't be charged any extra fees for depositing your money.
- Visit SteemitWallet.com and 'Login' with your Active Key, Owner Key or Master Password from Steemit.
- Click on the "BUY STEEM OR STEEM POWER" button.
- Scroll down on the Blocktrades website that opens and click on the 'Sign-Up' button if you don't have an account with Blocktrades yet.
- Register an account with Blocktrades by entering one of your valid email addresses and type in a password.
Select 'Bitcoin' in the drop down menu for 'Send'
Select 'Steem' in the drop down menu for "Receive"
Type the amount of '0.17' in the amount of Bitcoin you plan on sending (it should be greater than the amount of BTC you will send).
If you don't see the below page automatically, repeat STEPS 10 through 12 but Login this time with your Blocktrades account instead of signing up.
- Make sure the Steem account you want the Steem to be deposited into is listed in the section titled "Your receive address'.
- Click on the button that reads 'Get deposit address'
- Copy the deposit address by clicking on the copy icon in the lower left-hand side of the deposit address.
- Re-open your Coins.ph mobile app and once it's open, click on the 'Send' icon.
- Click on the 'Enter BTC wallet address' button.
- Paste the deposit address that you copied from Blocktrades into the 'wallet address' box.
- Click on the 'Okay' button.
- Check the box for the 'note of customer protection' and then slide the slider once you are ready to complete the transaction.
Verify the transaction via Email or text.
Click the 'Submit' button.
You are Done!
Now that you bought Steem online for the first time, join our online community for additional support and an FB group chat. You might want to also consider making it to one of our in-person meetups in Davao City, Philippines.
The reasons for owning STEEM tokens can vary from person-to-person, but three of the most common reasons are:
To earn passive income in the form of STEEM through curation and/or interest payments.
DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice to buy or sell STEEM, cryptocurrencies or any investment of any kind. Nothing that any of our members say online or in person should be construed as professional or financial advice, unless it is explicitly stated otherwise by a licensed financial adviser.